Rapid City Product Liability Attorneys
When a Defective Product Causes Harm
Every day, each of us interacts with countless products that have the potential to cause injury or death if they are not designed or manufactured properly: the tools and equipment we use on the job; the appliances and items we use at home; and, of course, the cars and pickups we drive. We depend on manufacturers to make items that will be safe to use. When a defective product causes you or a loved one harm or death, you have a right to seek financial compensation from the manufacturer (and potentially others).
At Thomas Braun Bernard & Burke, LLP we have a successful record in handling product liability cases, and we are proud to help our clients seek compensation to make them whole when they have been injured by a defective or dangerous product. We understand that injuries can have life-changing consequences, which is why we are passionate about protecting our clients’ rights under the law.
Types of Product Liability Claims
Products can be defective due to a variety of reasons. Often, defects are caused by manufacturing errors, but dangers can also occur because of poor design or the manufacturer’s failure to provide adequate warnings regarding the proper use of its product.
Generally, product liability claim arise from:
- Design defects: A product may be defective (faulty) from the start because of the way that it was designed. Stated differently, the design of the product might make it unreasonably dangerous to the user.
- Manufacturing defects: Even when a product is properly designed, it can still be defective due to errors or defects in the manufacturing process. If a product is manufactured or assembled in a way that strays from the correct design and that product subsequently results in an injury to the user, this would be considered a manufacturing defect.
- Failure to adequately warn: Sometimes there is a danger associated with a foreseeable use of a product. If the manufacturer fails to provide an adequate warning of such danger, and a user is injured, the manufacturer can be held liable.
Legal Support for Miners, Construction Workers, & Others
Our Rapid City product liability attorneys have represented clients who have suffered personal injuries in a wide range of settings, including cases involving:
- Farm/construction equipment
- Commercial vehicles
- Railroad-related injuries
- Mining-related injuries
- Roof trusses and other defective building components
- Faulty tree stands used for hunting
Schedule a Personal Injury Consultation in Rapid City
We typically represent our personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning we charge our clients a fee only when we are able to successfully recover compensation for their injury.