Lonnie Braun is a founding partner of Thomas Braun Bernard & Burke, LLP. For nearly forty years, he has dedicated most of his practice to defending doctors and other professionals. Given the complexity of this area of the law, this focus—and the fact that he has tried many cases before a jury—has proven to be a great recipe for success and served Lonnie’s clients well.
Lonnie was born and raised in Lead, South Dakota. He attended South Dakota State University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1974. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 1982. From 1983 to 1985, he worked as a law clerk for the District of South Dakota under the Honorable Andrew Bogue, a Federal District Court Judge in South Dakota.
He is admitted to practice in:
- South Dakota (1982)
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota (1984)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (1985)
- United States Supreme Court (1992)
His practice areas include the following:
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Product Liability Defense
- Health Care Law
- Administrative Law
- Professional Licensing