Tim Thomas is a founding partner of Thomas Braun Bernard & Burke, LLP. He presently serves the firm in an Of Counsel capacity. Tim’s decades of experience and knowledge of the law—including an unmatched ability to identify specific cases or statutes by memory—sets Tim apart and makes him an invaluable asset to the firm.
Tim grew up in Kadoka, South Dakota. He earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of South Dakota in 1977 and a Juris Doctorate degree from the University of South Dakota in 1984. Because he graduated in the top 10% of his class, Tim graduated as a member of the Thomas Sterling Honor Society.
He is admitted to practice in:
- South Dakota (1984)
- Wyoming (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Dakota (1995)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (1985)
- United States Supreme Court (1991)
His practice areas include the following:
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Insurance Defense